From Oracle FAQ
A GUI is a Graphical User Interface.
New users often prefer using GUI utilities instead of CLI's as they perceive it to be easier to use. However, you should always be smarter than the tools, you are using. Those who only live by the GUI, will die by the GUI.
Some of the popular GUI environments include:
- Microsoft Windows - most popular;
- Linux KDE (K-Desktop);
- Linux Gnome,
- SUN Openlook; and
- HP Motif.
Some of Oracle's GUI utilities:
- Enterprise Manager - GUI for managing the Oracle environment
- DBCA - Database Configuration Assistant
- NetCA - Network Configuration Assistant
- CLI - Command Line Interface
|Glossary of Terms|