Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » ORA-12203:TNS:unable to connect to destination ERROR
ORA-12203:TNS:unable to connect to destination ERROR [message #87633] Mon, 24 January 2005 08:46 Go to next message
Suhail haque
I installed Oracle9i on my computer without any problem, then i tried to install Developer6i which although installed but is not communicating with the Oracle9i. Is Developer6i compatible with Oracle9i or do i need to have Developer9i on the computer and if Developer6i is compatible then what am i doing wrong?
Re: ORA-12203:TNS:unable to connect to destination ERROR [message #87637 is a reply to message #87633] Tue, 25 January 2005 02:41 Go to previous message
Rohit
You are also facing with the same problem which I have faced for a long period of time. but anyhow I sorted out my problem. Please follow the steps.

1. Install Oracle. Let oracle home be ora9 in c:.
2. Install Developer . Give a different home for developer than oracle. Let it be Orad2k in c:.
3. Now run the oracle net 8 easy config.
4. Add a new service.
5. Give all the paramaters as required.
6. If you are installing oracle and developer on the same machine then give the address as 127.0.0.1 or your machine name.
7. Test your service and you are done.
8. Connect through forms or reports, give the new service name in the database field in the connect prompt.

If this does not solve the problem then follow the steps:

1. Open the file c:ora9networkadmintnsnames.ora or c:ora9net80admintnsnames.ora .
2. Copy the oracle service and append it in the
c:orad2knetworkadmintnsnames.ora or c:orad2knet80admintnsnames.ora with a different service name.
3. Connect through forms or reports, give the new service name in the database field in the connect prompt.
Previous Topic: time retrieval after execution of query
Next Topic: Navigate.pll library file required.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 13:31:54 CDT 2024