Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » which Trigger Should I use
which Trigger Should I use [message #87591] Wed, 19 January 2005 18:33 Go to next message
suddin
Dear all Experts,
I have one item called status after executing query if the status='RC' then the status of the status item will be disabled.Which trigger and code should I use.
regards,
suddin.
Re: which Trigger Should I use [message #87592 is a reply to message #87591] Wed, 19 January 2005 18:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
suddin
One think Status is the list item and It has two value
RC and RQ and it is multiblock data.
I want to do only disable the item haveign RC value.
regards,
suddin.
Re: which Trigger Should I use [message #87593 is a reply to message #87592] Wed, 19 January 2005 19:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ashish
if u are querying it then u can use when new record instance at form leval

eg.
if :Status = 'RC' then
set_item_property('Status',visible,property_false);
else
set_item_property('Status',visible,property_true);
end if;

hope this will work for u
ASHish
Re: which Trigger Should I use [message #87594 is a reply to message #87593] Wed, 19 January 2005 19:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
suddin
ASHish brother,
the when new record instance at form level trigger is working but it is disableing all the status record.
Problem is it is a multiblock record and the status has two value 'RC' and 'RQ'.I want to make only disabeling status having value of RC.
Thanks & Regards.
sudddin.
Re: which Trigger Should I use [message #87602 is a reply to message #87594] Thu, 20 January 2005 03:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RK
Suddin,

Use SET_ITEM_INSTANCE_PROPERTY.
Re: which Trigger Should I use [message #87606 is a reply to message #87594] Thu, 20 January 2005 19:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ashish
hi

i'm not understanding what u r trying to do but

1)if you want to disable hole record then u should use where condition in your statement or in block property(default_where).

2) and if u want to disable item not record then u should use what i mentioned in last post. only one thig u will have to
set_item_property('Status',enabled,property_true);

eg.
if :Status = 'RC' then
set_item_property('Status',visible,property_false);
else
set_item_property('Status',visible,property_true);
set_item_property('Status',enabled,property_true);
end if;

Hope this will work for you
ASHish...
Re: which Trigger Should I use [message #87613 is a reply to message #87591] Fri, 21 January 2005 02:38 Go to previous message
Himanshu
Suddin,
You shoul make use of SET_ITEM_INSTANCE property and not SET_ITEM_PROPERTY.

HTH
Regards
Himanshu
Previous Topic: Can i store schema name into variable and use that variable to access tables of
Next Topic: Migrate from Oracle 7 to Oracle 9i
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 13:36:35 CDT 2024