Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » tns protocol adapter error
tns protocol adapter error [message #87471] Thu, 06 January 2005 16:47 Go to next message
Paul
I'm getting a tns adapter error everytime I try to run my forms in form builder. I get a message in the applet in my browser that there was a "tns: protocol adapter error".

I installed oracle 10g database server. The enterprise one. I also installed the developer suite(complete) which has forms builder.

I can login to sqlplus with my system and scott account. I can also perform database transactions in sqlplus. My problem is when I try to run my forms.

My second concern is with my enterprise manager. When I open enterprise manager, it tells me that:

The database status is currently unavailable. It is possible that the database is in mount or nomount state. Click 'Startup' to obtain the current status and open the database. If the database cannot be opened, click 'Perform Recovery' to perform an appropriate recovery operation.

After clicking 'startup', I am prompted with my OS username and password, sysdba/sysoper username and password. Is SYSTEM a sysdba/sysoper account? I don't get it. There are no accounts named sysdba/sysoper.

Anyway, I entered my OS account and SYSTEM account into the fields. After which, enterprise manager tells me that I entered the wrong password for 'user'. It doesn't tell me which account though. I am definitely sure I got the right username and password for both my OS account and SYSTEM account. The OS account I entered was an administrator account.

Installing oracle is a pain. I would really appreciate your help.

I'm using windows xp pro and oracle db 10g, oracle development suite 10g. I have a loopback adapter since I don't have a static ip address and I know enterprise manager has some issues with dynamic ip adds.

I've been to several posts which are related to this. Most of them talk about the tns error encountered when running sqlplus, not when running forms in the browser. The faqs in the oracle site are soooo vague. I'm new to oracle. Please be extra specific. Thanks so much
Re: tns protocol adapter error [message #87495 is a reply to message #87471] Fri, 07 January 2005 20:34 Go to previous message
aditya
i think that u need to install the Oracle Application Server(10g) also to run your forms..
Previous Topic: detail grid
Next Topic: i want to convert D2k 6 forms to D2k 4.5
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 13:42:43 CDT 2024