Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Is there a simple way to add a file upload feature to Oracle Forms 10g?
Is there a simple way to add a file upload feature to Oracle Forms 10g? [message #87341] Mon, 20 December 2004 05:02 Go to next message
MichaelChang
Hi,

I'd like to know if there's a way to sprinkle Javascript code or somehow integrate Javascript with Oracle Forms.   I have a Javascript routine that does exactly what I need: Browses the end user's hard drive, selects a file, and uploads it to a field in the form.  If 10g doesn't allow this, does a prior version of Oracle Forms Builder allow this, one that's available as a free download from Oracle.com?

The only two options that I've encountered in my search were:
- The Oracle Forms File Upload Utility
and
- The WebUtil add on for Oracle Forms

The former requires the use of Java Beans, Java classes, and a PL/SQL library while the latter came with a 64 page user guide that I'll have to dig through to find what I'm looking for.

Granted I'm brand new to Oracle and I certainly hope there's something I'm missing here but coming from the Domino development environment where adding a file upload control to a form takes all of 30 seconds via a point and click menu, I find it hard to believe that one has to jump through all these hoops in order to facilitate this in Oracle Forms?

Does anyone know of a simple way to add a file upload control (enabling a user to browse their hard drive and upload a file to a field in the form) to an Oracle Form?

I appreciate any tips,

-MC
Re: Is there a simple way to add a file upload feature to Oracle Forms 10g? [message #87348 is a reply to message #87341] Mon, 20 December 2004 23:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Himanshu
Hi,
Oracle's WEBUTIL will be the simplest for you.

If you do not wish to reinvent the wheel then go Oracle's Site & search for sample code using webutil or do a simple search on google & you will find ready made codes which you can modify & use.

I do agree with you that the intial setup for this is a bit complicated,but that is a one time effort.

If you wish to make use of Javabeans then please refer to
http://www.oracle.com/technology/sample_code/products/forms/index.html

Here under "JavaBeans/PJC Samples (all available as part of the Forms demos)" , serch for FileUpload Utitliy.

HTH
Regards
Himanshu
Re: Is there a simple way to add a file upload feature to Oracle Forms 10g? [message #87351 is a reply to message #87348] Tue, 21 December 2004 07:44 Go to previous message
MichaelChang
Thanks for the response,
So there's no way to incorporate/integrate javascript into the Oracle form?
That's a shame because I have a javascript routine to do a file upload,

If not I'll try my luck with webutil,

Thanks,

-MC
Previous Topic: Re : Visual Attribute & current record
Next Topic: Help about FRM-10142
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 13:31:23 CDT 2024