Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » How to determine is a rollback is hung or not
How to determine is a rollback is hung or not [message #59437] Wed, 19 November 2003 15:03 Go to next message
Mario Garcia
Hi everybody, I need to find a query that could tell me if a rollback operation is hung or not. Better, if it could tell me how far the rollback process is or how much longer it needs. I know, I want it all, don't I. Any approached, ideas, suggestion will be really appreciated.
Re: How to determine is a rollback is hung or not [message #59446 is a reply to message #59437] Thu, 20 November 2003 15:12 Go to previous message
Thiru
You could monitor v$transaction.used_ublk of the associated rollback segment. That should keep reducing as the rollback progresses.

You could measure the number of blocks freed up in say 30 second interval(ie reissue the query every 30 seconds 2 or 3 times and get the average undo blocks freed) and extrapolate that to find out how much time it will approximately take to complete the rollback.

-Thiru
Previous Topic: Changing Segment_space_management
Next Topic: Archiving Log Mode
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 15:39:56 CDT 2024