Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Enterprise Manager Configuration Assistant - No Listener!
Enterprise Manager Configuration Assistant - No Listener! [message #59343] Wed, 12 November 2003 18:40
LT
Hi All Again

This is the third and final error that I received when installing 9i on a brand new server. I chose to ignore all errors and proceed but I dont want to load my data until I know why these errors have happened. Please see my previous two errors if your interested (max file size in autoextend is out of range, ORA 01031/01017 Invalid username / password logon denied).

Database Creation Info
======================
Windows 2000. HP DL 380 G3 Dual 3.06 Zeon Processors
9i Enterprise Edition DB Release 9.0.1.1.1
Custom Installation of 'New' Database
Dedicated Server
Typical Installation Multipurpose DB

The last error is as folllows...

Enterprise Manager Configuration Assistant
==========================================
Gets all the way through all the steps and then at the end it says....

SQL Exception Encountered
Reason: ORA 12541 TNS No Listener
OracleError 12541
Error Code 2

??? I ran net configuration again and went into my listener file which is in the norm location and looks fine. I restarted it also but still to no avail. I also checked TNSNames, SQLNet and anything else thatIcould think of. Anyone know why? I can get into the Enterprise Manager Console but I want to know why I got this on the config assistant.

This was my final error I dont want to load my actual data until I know why this has happened.

Thanks in advance to everyone for all their help.

Cheers. LT
Previous Topic: userenv error
Next Topic: Temporary Tablespace Increasing
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 14:32:47 CDT 2024