Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » (Urgent) can anyone help me about online redo log
(Urgent) can anyone help me about online redo log [message #58081] Tue, 29 July 2003 22:46 Go to next message
Supar
Hi .. please can anyone help me about online redo log

I try to restore my database from my online full backup, i did with rman script, its no problem , i can restore all my file but i lost my online redo log , because rman does not backup online redo log, and i already lost all my online redo log.

So can any one explain me how to recreate online redo log ?
Re: (Urgent) can anyone help me about online redo log [message #58084 is a reply to message #58081] Wed, 30 July 2003 00:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shesh
Even if U recover using RMAN ur online redologfile is not deleted...
Even by some reason if Redologfile is deleted means you can recreate it in mount stage.

Connect as sysdba
sql>startup mound
sql>alter database add logfile group 1 <Path>;
sql>alter database add logfile group 2 <Path>;

This will create 2 redologfiles and then you can start ur database.

sql>Alter database open;
Re: (Urgent) can anyone help me about online redo log [message #58087 is a reply to message #58081] Wed, 30 July 2003 00:37 Go to previous message
Kittu
i think you havent switched the log group, when ever you are trying to take online backup, i mean to say, you have to raise the checkpoint before you start taking the online backup.. next time onwards be carefull when you are taking the online backups...
hope i replied to your question...

Cheers
Kittu
Previous Topic: Trying to read an image item
Next Topic: max no. of instances that can run in a single oracle database
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 12:25:29 CDT 2024