Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Stand by database STATUS::::::::?
Stand by database STATUS::::::::? [message #58013] Fri, 25 July 2003 04:54 Go to next message
Shiv
Hi ALL

I have set up a standby database, with all premilinaries, after executeing the command

>recover managed standby database;

I have no response from past 2 hours or more , no errors , I want to know the status, PL LET ME KNOW IS THIS PROCESS IS CORRECT, I want to know what's the duration of copy the archived files from the primary to stand-by
Thanks in Advance,
Shiv
PL kindly revert back,]]
Regards
SHIV
Re: Stand by database STATUS::::::::? [message #58042 is a reply to message #58013] Mon, 28 July 2003 06:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sabir
Hi,
As the system will be in managed recovery mode,so it appears to your user session that system hang is there.To check status of archive application on standby or to stop managed recovery you need to start a new SQL*PLUS session.From here you can check the sequence numbers in standby archive destination and correlate them to primary archive log numbers.You can see that archive are being applied to your standby host.
Hope you got it...............
Re: Stand by database STATUS::::::::? [message #58057 is a reply to message #58042] Tue, 29 July 2003 03:21 Go to previous message
Shiv
Thanks Sabir, I have checked it , i can see the archived files from that of the stand by .

Have you configured stand my in the same host, If so pl give the documentation .

Thanks
Regards
SHIV
Previous Topic: archivelog/nonarchivelog
Next Topic: archive/redologfile
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 12:31:08 CDT 2024