Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » i want to enter sys as sysdba in oracle 8 server, it gives error
i want to enter sys as sysdba in oracle 8 server, it gives error [message #57485] Thu, 19 June 2003 00:18 Go to next message
vasanth
hello

thanking in advance,
I have an doubt in oracle 8 server,
I can not enter sys as sysdba in command prombt mode
It gives an error ,invalid username password

but it accept sys user without sysdba, from there i can not shutdown the database. I

the same thing is accepted in oracle 9i(sys as sysdba)

i want to enter sys as sysdba in command prombt
and i want to do some recovery operation,

So please help me as soon as possible,

bye
Re: i want to enter sys as sysdba in oracle 8 server, it gives error [message #57486 is a reply to message #57485] Thu, 19 June 2003 02:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maaher
Try "connect internal". "As Sysdba" isn't available yet in 8.0 (I think).

MHE
Re: i want to enter sys as sysdba in oracle 8 server, it gives error [message #57494 is a reply to message #57486] Thu, 19 June 2003 06:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tommy
are you using
sqlplus or sqlplus /nolog

If you use the /nolog option what you said should work.
Re: i want to enter sys as sysdba in oracle 8 server, it gives error [message #57502 is a reply to message #57485] Thu, 19 June 2003 08:15 Go to previous message
ctg
not sure on 8, but another thing to check.
are you using a password file? SQL> show parameter passwordfile (if set to shared or exclusive then you are)
if so, the password in your password file may not be matching the password in the database. ALTER USER sys IDENTIFIED BY pwd; this will update both the database (when you connect sys) and the passwordfile (when you connnect sys as sysdba).
and then try again.
Previous Topic: Dropping table causes oracle to stop / restart gives error
Next Topic: TUNING APPROACH
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 10:17:55 CDT 2024