Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Oracle Restore
Oracle Restore [message #57213] Wed, 28 May 2003 11:21 Go to next message
Kevin Murphy
I am trying to restore an Oracle database that is in complete disarray. Their server crashed and everything was lost. The only thing they have are old back ups of the data files from certain tablespaces. The structure within the database is no longer there either - no users, tablespaces, indexes, etc. Basically I want to recreate the structure of the database and then get whatever data they had backed up back into the database. Problem is I'm not really sure where to start. If I recreate all the tablespaces, how do I import the .dbf files I got from back up? Any help here would be greatly appreciated because I'm pretty lost.
Re: Oracle Restore [message #57217 is a reply to message #57213] Thu, 29 May 2003 00:03 Go to previous message
Naveen
Hi Kevin,

What do you meant by "old back ups of the data files from certain tablespaces". Does that mean they don't have complete backup of all the tablespaces. They have taken only backup of few tablespaces?. Provide some more details. If they have complete backup only thing you need to do is to create the service. Provide some more details along with the version and OS.

Regards...Naveen
Previous Topic: Datafile drop problem
Next Topic: Migration of DATA
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 09:56:25 CDT 2024