Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » OMS problems
OMS problems [message #56169] Mon, 10 March 2003 18:35 Go to next message
Deepak
Hi,

I am unable to shutdown an oracle database instance from within OMS(that is when I logon to the OMS console instead of standalone console and attempt to shutdown). Also I am unable to stop the OMS service from control panel/admin tools/service. Instead I use the ctrl+alt+del, select the OMS process and terminate it. Any thoughts, please let me know. I installed Oracle 9i in Windows XP and then created the OEM repository with OMS installed.

Thanks for your help and pointing me in the right direction in resolving this.
Deepak
Re: OMS problems [message #56175 is a reply to message #56169] Tue, 11 March 2003 03:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
did you try it manualllY?
from the command prompt, give
oemctl stop.
if it gives any errors post the exact messages,
for more information look into oms.nohup or oms.log
Re: OMS problems [message #56334 is a reply to message #56175] Wed, 19 March 2003 20:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Deepak
Thank you for your reply. When I attempt to shutdown the OMS manually using oemctl stop in DOS prompt, the following errors occured.

VXA-2008 : Could not locate an OMS on node localhost. Has it been shut down?
VXA-2012 : Failed to log on

I am not quite sure what this means. Does this mean that you cannot stop OMS if your database is shutdown. I want to know what is a typical setup for OMS with the repository. Also why is there a dialog box asking for userid/password before attempting to stop OMS.

Thanks again for your help
Deepak
Re: OMS problems [message #56523 is a reply to message #56175] Sun, 06 April 2003 09:03 Go to previous message
Deepak
Thanks again. OEMCTL start and stop command works fine.
Previous Topic: How can I increase the library cache?
Next Topic: how to set characterset in clinet
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 07:21:02 CDT 2024