Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Help Me! Oracle8i silent installation error message
Help Me! Oracle8i silent installation error message [message #54164] Fri, 01 November 2002 04:41 Go to next message
Vijay
I need the format of the error messages in silentInstall.log, during "Oracle8i Enterprise edition" installation in Solaris. ( Assume that installation fails due to some reason )
Re: Help Me! Oracle8i silent installation error message [message #54181 is a reply to message #54164] Fri, 01 November 2002 14:19 Go to previous message
Trifon Anguelov
The format of silentInstall.log file, looks something like that:

"silentInstall2001-10-29_11-05-01-AM.log
Unable to find the product files. This installation cannot continue.
*** Cancel Dialog: ***
User selected: Stop installation of this component only.

Unable to find the product files. This installation cannot continue.
*** Cancel Dialog: ***
User selected: Stop installation of this component only.

Error in invoking target ioracle of makefile /opt/db00/app/oracle/product/8.1.7/rdbms/lib/ins_rdbms.mk
Error in invoking target ihsodbc of makefile /opt/db00/app/oracle/product/8.1.7/rdbms/lib/ins_rdbms.mk
Error in invoking target install of makefile /opt/db00/app/oracle/product/8.1.7/otrace/lib/ins_otrace.mk
A configuration script needs to be run as root before installation can proceed. Please leave this window up, go run /opt/db00/app/oracle/product/8.1.7/root.sh as root from another window, then come back here and click OK to continue.
The installation of Oracle8i was unsuccessful."

Hope that helps,

clio_usa
OCP - DBA

Visit our Web site

Previous Topic: 90131: Jobs falling off the Job Queue.
Next Topic: How to access an Oracle database from a client computer?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 02:00:21 CDT 2024