Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Create New Instance Scripts
Create New Instance Scripts [message #53325] Thu, 12 September 2002 08:14 Go to next message
Rizwan Qazi
I am looking for a script to create a new database and tablespace for Oracle 8i. All I have found on the web are scripts for Oracle 7 which do not seem to work on Oracle 8i. Your help would be appreciated.

Thank You

Riz
Re: Create New Instance Scripts [message #53326 is a reply to message #53325] Thu, 12 September 2002 09:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
andrew again
Take a look at this one:

Re: Create New Instance Scripts [message #53342 is a reply to message #53325] Fri, 13 September 2002 09:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
billh
Run dbassist. It creates a script that it eventually executes. You have the option to save the script and run it later. Select this option and then customize the script to your needs.
Re: Create New Instance Scripts [message #53344 is a reply to message #53325] Fri, 13 September 2002 10:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rizwan Qazi
Well I did execute dbassist with no parameters and I get

[[/home/oracle]]: # dbassist
java.lang.NullPointerException
at oracle.ewt.lwAWT.BufferedFrame._init(Compiled Code)
at oracle.ewt.lwAWT.BufferedFrame.<init>(Compiled Code)
at DBCreateWizard.main(Compiled Code)

And then I executed with an argument as dbassist -h suggests....with variable ORACLE_SID as shown below and also TEST (instance name) and I still get same error

[[/home/oracle]]: dbassist -sid $ORACLE_SID
java.lang.NullPointerException
at oracle.ewt.lwAWT.BufferedFrame._init(Compiled Code)
at oracle.ewt.lwAWT.BufferedFrame.<init>(Compiled Code)
at DBCreateWizard.main(Compiled Code)

What am I doing wrong?

Riz
Re: Create New Instance Scripts [message #54884 is a reply to message #53342] Thu, 12 December 2002 13:14 Go to previous message
P
if you are still looking for an answer for this problem, there is some problem with the nameservice. (for me, the nameserver was not reachable)
Previous Topic: Case syntax error
Next Topic: PI Database
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 03:42:45 CDT 2024